Delta Gamma

Gamma Nu Chapter at University of North Texas

Chapter History

A Message from Gamma Nu

The Gamma Nu chapter of Delta Gamma was founded in November 1953. Unfortunately, Greek Life left the UNT campus in the 1970s, but in January of 2007, the Delta Gamma expansion team was given the chance to re-colonize the UNT campus. Since then, every single chapter member has cherished their membership in Delta Gamma at the University of North Texas. We have upheld our values and have lived every day by Article II of our Constitution. Article II encourages our members to "foster high ideals of friendship among college women, promote their educational and cultural interests, create in them a true sense of social responsibility, and to develop in them the best qualities of character."

The presence of our sisterhood is not only within the walls of our house; it can be seen anywhere from study sessions with our sisters, on the UNT campus, at philanthropy events, at our chapter retreats, or at all social events. Our sisterhood truly brings out the best in each and every one of us! Being a Delta Gamma at UNT is so much more than being involved in an organization. It allows its members to have a home and a place to belong. Most importantly, being a Delta Gamma allows our sisters to find lifelong friendships with girls who share their same values. We are all proud and honored to wear the Golden Anchor pin, and to call ourselves members of the Delta Gamma Fraternity.

Delta Gamma's incredible founders: Eva Webb Dodd, Mary Comfort Leonard, and Anna Boyd Ellington.

 

  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image